Imphal, Feb 20,
Rumours are spreading around about the appointment of the husband of the Chairperson of the Manipur Commission for protection of Child Rights, Sumatibala as consultant (without mentioning specific subject).
Source said that Ibomcha Ningthoujam has been appointed as the consultant of the commission by an official order issued by his wife Sumatibala, Chairperson, MPCCR on April 26, 2018.
An RTI query regarding the matter, sought by one Thoudam Akashkumar Singh remained unanswered even after one month. In the RTI, Akashkumar sought information about the official expenditures for travel and others by the consultant till January 22 since his appointment.
It was also questioned whether appointment of a spouse as consultant by the Chairperson of the MPCCR is legal, ethical and appropriate as per the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census