Moreh, Feb 20,
A Myanmar woman, identified as Themneilam Haokip @ Neilam ( age about 35 years) daughter of Ngamsei Haokip , a resident of Namphalong Ward No 12 of Tamu District of Myanmar was rounded up by Moreh police along with huge quantity of brown sugar from near Sunrise Ground of Moreh Ward No. 4 of Tengnoupal district of India.
As per source the woman was caught by police team consisted of women constable and supported by troops of 43 AR was smuggling 143 packets of Brown Sugar, weigh around 1.817 kg at around 6.25 am from inside the Indian Territory. The value of the narcotic substances she was carrying is worth around Rs. 3.63 crores in international market.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24