Imphal, Feb 17,
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh launched the Senior Citizens’ Welfare Forum in a function held at Khabam Lamkhai in Imphal East District today.
Regarding people’s apprehension of bringing an ordinance by the Central Government on the backdrop of not tabling Citizenship Amendment Bill in the Rajya Sabha, the Chief Minister urged the public not to worry stating that Centre would never take any decision concerning the North East region or Manipur without consulting or taking consent from these States.
The Chief Minister said that people should always think twice and restrain themselves as far as possible from selling their valued ancestral lands. To conserve diminishing paddy fields and wetlands, the State Government has taken up steps to effectively enforce the Manipur Conservation of Paddy Land and Wetland Act, 2014, he added.
N. Biren Singh said that construction of public parks having outdoor gym in 17 wards of Imphal Municipal Corporation had already begun. He also said that outdoor gyms would be installed in two places each of all the Assembly Constituencies of the State.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- AIFUCTO stands with AMCTA’s demand for implementation of 7th UGC pay scale
- The wrath of Mother Nature: Mercury is rising
- Dr. Heptulla lauds the nurses of Manipur; says they are highly demanded outside the state
- Kumbi BJYM President threatened by State Veterinary dept. staffs
- 4 plus 4 is always equal to 8: But there is something to worry