Imphal Feb 17,
The Assam Rifles Major Bob Khathing Tournament 2019 is commencing from 18 Feb 2019 to commemorate the 107th Birth Anniversary of Major Relengnao Khathing, MC, MBE popularly known as Bob Khathing. A war hero, administrator, dedicated teacher and a diplomat, all rolled into one, this true nationalist and legend from Ukhrul will be lovingly remembered during the event.
The grand tournament has gained in proportions since its exception in 2012 and is today a household name in Ukhrul. This initiative of Assam Rifles has found growing support of the local people and remains a much awaited event for everyone. The willing participation of the people and their selfless contribution in the year by year success of this collective efforts is testimony to the trust and faith among the people and Assam Rifles.
This year’s edition will be 13 men’s football teams, 08 women’s volleyball teams and 07 church choirs adding glory to the event. Men’s football and women’s volleyball finals will be played on 23 Feb, while the Choir competition will be held on 21 Feb 2019.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey