Imphal, Feb 16,
Popular Front of India chairman E Abubacker has expressed shock over the terror incident in Kashmir on Srinagar-Jammu highway in which at least 37 CRPF personnel lost their lives. He conveyed deep condolences to the bereaved families. He said: “We have lost our brave soldiers in this attack which is strongly condemnable.”
He further stated that there is an unprecedented increase in the number of violent incidents in J&K in recent years and it is a matter of serious concern. In the present incident, It is more serious that there were serious security lapses in spite of intelligence inputs.
E Abubacker demanded that instead of misusing the incident for political advantage in view of forthcoming election, the whole matter should be investigated thoroughly and remedial measures taken so that similar causalities are not repeated in future. He has also reminded that it is high time to initiate a permanent solution to Kashmir problem through appropriate political steps.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances; family members suspect murder
- Legitimizing the pocketing of public money
- 3 died; 4 seriously injured as truck falls in a gorge
- For the environment – together we can make it
- Law maker breaks law: MLA and his armed escort overpowered and snatch seized machineries from Forest Dept. staffs