Imphal, Feb 15,
In a major breakthrough, Thoubal Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles alongwith Somsai Battalion of 10 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR(South) in a joint operation apprehended an individual who was in possession of a large number of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and explosive materials from general area of Ukhrul Bazar on 14 February.
Based on a specific input of likely transportation of some explosive materials into the Imphal valley, the teams of Assam Rifles along with Police launched specific search operation in the Ukhrul Bazar area where they spotted the suspect suspiciously moving with a bag. On checking the bag the IEDs and explosive material were recovered from one Yaoreipam Lashkar resident of Kamjong village. A total of three IEDs including one ready to use and two unassembled IEDs, four detonators, one TNT slab and explosive powder in a large quantity were recovered from the apprehended individual. The IEDs were likely to be used to target Security forces in Imphal. Further interrogation is on to ascertain more details.
The timely and swift act by the Assam Rifles has not only prevented a major incident but also thwarted the nefarious designs of the UG groups to disturb peace and tranquility in the State. The successful recovery of the IED also reinforced the collective effort of Assam Rifles and Police to ensure peace and safe environment in the State.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Citizenship Amendment Bill introduced in Lok Sabha
- Amit Shah introduces Inner Line Permit System in Manipur in LS
- A phone call that overwhelm our CM; But there is no short cut to the introduction of ILPS
- Minister Hankhalian’s daughter owned agency on multi-crore CGST fraud scam
- Not all hope is lost; Manipur’s MPs can move amendment motion when CAB is tabled