Imphal, Feb 15,
Based on a specific input of likely transportation of some explosive materials into the Imphal valley, the teams of Assam Rifles along with Police launched specific search operation in the Ukhrul Bazar area where they spotted the suspect suspiciously moving with a bag. On checking the bag the IEDs and explosive material were recovered from one Yaoreipam Lashkar resident of Kamjong village. A total of three IEDs including one ready to use and two unassembled IEDs, four detonators, one TNT slab and explosive powder in a large quantity were recovered from the apprehended individual. The IEDs were likely to be used to target Security forces in Imphal. Further interrogation is on to ascertain more details.
The timely and swift act by the Assam Rifles has not only prevented a major incident but also thwarted the nefarious designs of the UG groups to disturb peace and tranquility in the State. The successful recovery of the IED also reinforced the collective effort of Assam Rifles and Police to ensure peace and safe environment in the State.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances; family members suspect murder
- Legitimizing the pocketing of public money
- 3 died; 4 seriously injured as truck falls in a gorge
- For the environment – together we can make it
- Law maker breaks law: MLA and his armed escort overpowered and snatch seized machineries from Forest Dept. staffs