Imphal, Feb 6,
11 political parties of Manipur today form an alliance named Manipur Democratic Alliance (MDA) to fight against CAB 2016.
In a press meet held at Imphal Hotel, Convenor of MDA N.Tombi said that the alliance will fight until the contentious Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 is withdrawn from the parliament.
He further said that the members of the alliance should leave their political ideologies for the common cause of the state.
M.Tomba said that with their recent visit in New Delhi the leaders of Shiv Sena, Aam Aadmi Party and Lok Jana Shakti assured to oppose it.
He further said that the political parties politicising the issues for their own political mileage confuse the people of the state.
He finally concluded that MDA will fight tooth and nail until the said bill is withdrawn and also the MDA will also focus other burning issues of the state.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey