Imphal, Jan 28,
An emergency meeting of leaders of all communities of the state was organised today at Hotel Imphal today to discuss the prevailing issues arisen out of the passing of the contentious Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016. The leaders’ meet was jointly organized by the All Manipur United Club Organisation, (AMUCO), Committee of Civil Society Kangleipak (CCSK), United Committee Manipur (UCM), HERICOUN and LIPUL.
Speakers of various communities lambasted the contentious CAB Bill terming it as an attempt to wipe out the indigenous people of the state.
Speakers of the meeting also opined to proceed serious form of agitation if the Bill is being implemented to the state of Manipur and NE.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit