Imphal, Jan 23,
Protest against Citizen Amendment Bill was staged today at various places of the state. At Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai women folk stage sit-in-protest using placards and banner denouncing the passing of the Citizenship Amendment Bill.
Students’ body AMSU, MSF, DESAM, KSA, SUK and AIMS will stage protest at New Delhi on January 30. This was announced by the representatives of the students’ body during a meeting with reporters at AMSU HQ.
Students’ body like MSAD, DAMMS, UNIKAS are also joining the protest.
Meanwhile, SSUM, AMMSO, MSAD, RSF and AMPSUM have also come down heavily to the BJP saying that the Bill was put up by them and it should be withdraw by them. In a press meet the students’ bodies lambasted the silence of the RS MP Bhabananda for remaining silent over the Bill.
The Students’ Body further said that the so call spokesperson of the BJP can no longer fool the people of the state regarding the issue.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances; family members suspect murder
- Legitimizing the pocketing of public money
- 3 died; 4 seriously injured as truck falls in a gorge
- For the environment – together we can make it
- Law maker breaks law: MLA and his armed escort overpowered and snatch seized machineries from Forest Dept. staffs