Moreh, Jan. 20
On receipt of continuous inputs of likely subversive activities by insurgent groups in the wake of upcoming Republic day, the Moreh Battalion proactively carried extensive area domination and regular patrolling along Indo Myanmar Border. On 19 Jan 2019 during one of such patrolling, a team of Moreh Battalion spotted two suspicious individuals discreetly trying to enter Indian side. The patrolling party tactfully reached closed to the individuals and apprehended them.
On detailed questioning the apprehended individuals revealed being active cadres of PREPAK (PRO). The cadres are identified as SS Pvt Gangfun Gangmai age 21 years, residence of Maramching, Noney District and SS Pvt Sanahal Noirem, age 19 years, residence of Lamdeng Awang Leikai, IW district. The former was enrolled into the outfit in Nov 2018 and the latter was enrolled in Sep 2018. The Apprehended individuals have been handed over to Moreh PS.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- When CM Biren meets Minister Bishwajit
- Revolt by decedents is a lesson for CM N. Biren Singh
- Indifferences exist but will be resolved soon – Th. Radheshyam
- Political crisis in Manipur continues: CM N. Biren meets PM; Minister Bishwajit still camping at New Delhi
- Crisis in BJP legislatures leaderships issue likely to end; Ministers to return in one or 2 days