Jan 12, Imphal
All Manipur United Club Organization (AMUCO) along with other civil society organizations including Committee on Human Rights, AMWOVA, Apunba Nupi Khunai etc. today staged a sit-in-protest and later stage a rally towards the Chief minister Bungalow in protest against the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016.
The rally started from Kwakeithel Akham Leikai in front of AMUCO office at Tiddim road. As the rally reached Keishampat a strong team of police tried to stop them and later confronted with the protestors.
Speaking to media persons President of AMUCO Ph. Devan said that it was very unfortunate to pass the Citizen Amendment Bill 2016 at Lok Sabha which is against the indigenous people of North East where the people of all the North Eastern states reject it.
He added that the bill is just a policy to wipe out the indigenous people of the North East states. Even now the threat by the mainlanders still lingers and adding more threat the bill will let allow a bombardment of influx of crores of foreign people.
“The people of Manipur and all the North East should stand against the Citizen Amendment Bill”, Devan appealed.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate