Moreh, Jan 12,
Combine team of 43 Assam Rifles and Moreh Police seized huge quantity of smuggled Sandal Wood and Redwood from a hide out at a Moreh residence yesterday evening.
As per report by our Moreh Correspondent, the seized Sandalwood and Redwood weigh around 62 Kg and is worth around Rs. 9 lakh at local market. Exact weight of the seized items as per police report is 61.53 Kg. And the smuggled items were hidden at the residence of one MD Rajaouddin (age about 35 years, son of Md. Lahimuddin) at Moreh ward No. 7, the Indo Myanmar Border Town in Tengnoupal district.
The Combined team search the house after getting specific information regarding the hideout of the smuggled item, our correspondent added.
The seized items along with the smugglers were paraded before media.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?
- Bacardí NH7 Weekender 2019 Announces Eclectic Artist Line-Up For Meghalaya