Moreh, Jan 12,
Combine team of 43 Assam Rifles and Moreh Police seized huge quantity of smuggled Sandal Wood and Redwood from a hide out at a Moreh residence yesterday evening.
As per report by our Moreh Correspondent, the seized Sandalwood and Redwood weigh around 62 Kg and is worth around Rs. 9 lakh at local market. Exact weight of the seized items as per police report is 61.53 Kg. And the smuggled items were hidden at the residence of one MD Rajaouddin (age about 35 years, son of Md. Lahimuddin) at Moreh ward No. 7, the Indo Myanmar Border Town in Tengnoupal district.
The Combined team search the house after getting specific information regarding the hideout of the smuggled item, our correspondent added.
The seized items along with the smugglers were paraded before media.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate