Moreh, Jan 12,
Combine team of 43 Assam Rifles and Moreh Police seized huge quantity of smuggled Sandal Wood and Redwood from a hide out at a Moreh residence yesterday evening.
As per report by our Moreh Correspondent, the seized Sandalwood and Redwood weigh around 62 Kg and is worth around Rs. 9 lakh at local market. Exact weight of the seized items as per police report is 61.53 Kg. And the smuggled items were hidden at the residence of one MD Rajaouddin (age about 35 years, son of Md. Lahimuddin) at Moreh ward No. 7, the Indo Myanmar Border Town in Tengnoupal district.
The Combined team search the house after getting specific information regarding the hideout of the smuggled item, our correspondent added.
The seized items along with the smugglers were paraded before media.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University fiasco: High Court directs Independent committee to submit report within five days
- Massive hunt for perpetrators behind the killing of Arunachal Pradesh MLA with 10 others underway at Khonsa region
- ENNG condemns Killing of AP MLA with 10 others
- Stop faking and face the facts
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh along with 6 others killed in ambush by suspected NSCN-IM cadres