Moreh, Jan 12,
Combine team of 43 Assam Rifles and Moreh Police seized huge quantity of smuggled Sandal Wood and Redwood from a hide out at a Moreh residence yesterday evening.
As per report by our Moreh Correspondent, the seized Sandalwood and Redwood weigh around 62 Kg and is worth around Rs. 9 lakh at local market. Exact weight of the seized items as per police report is 61.53 Kg. And the smuggled items were hidden at the residence of one MD Rajaouddin (age about 35 years, son of Md. Lahimuddin) at Moreh ward No. 7, the Indo Myanmar Border Town in Tengnoupal district.
The Combined team search the house after getting specific information regarding the hideout of the smuggled item, our correspondent added.
The seized items along with the smugglers were paraded before media.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Yes we can fight COVID-19 invasion
- At time of crisis, Cargo flight that is supposed to airlift essential commodities landed with bundles of betel leaves
- RCC appeal for help in distress time from people
- Why some people will not be switching their lights off on 5th April at 9PM!
- Importance of Online learning during lockdown Period