Guwahati, Jan 12,
A fierce gun battle took place between suspected National Socialist Council of Nagalim- Isak Muiwah (NSCN-IM) cadres and security forces in Namtak of Tirap district near Assam Arunachal border. The battle lasted for hours and as of now there were no sign of any causality on both side. Police team re-enforce conducted search operation at the area. Police source said that during the cordon and search operation two suspected cadres were apprehended. Details are awaited.
Meanwhile Assam based newspaper reported that The Jagoon Police received specific inputs of militant activities in the Assam- Arunachal border areas of Margherita in Tinsukia district.
According to official sources, the Tinsukia police received photos of a troop comprising 17 suspected United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) cadres moving into the state via Myanmar who have been residing in Faneng, Wara, Kenya of Assam Arunachal border.
During search a operation carried out by Assam Police, a heavy exchange of gun-fire took place between the police and the suspected ULFA-I cadres. No casualty have been reported however the troop escaped from the scene successfully.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate