Guwahati, Jan 12,
A fierce gun battle took place between suspected National Socialist Council of Nagalim- Isak Muiwah (NSCN-IM) cadres and security forces in Namtak of Tirap district near Assam Arunachal border. The battle lasted for hours and as of now there were no sign of any causality on both side. Police team re-enforce conducted search operation at the area. Police source said that during the cordon and search operation two suspected cadres were apprehended. Details are awaited.
Meanwhile Assam based newspaper reported that The Jagoon Police received specific inputs of militant activities in the Assam- Arunachal border areas of Margherita in Tinsukia district.
During search a operation carried out by Assam Police, a heavy exchange of gun-fire took place between the police and the suspected ULFA-I cadres. No casualty have been reported however the troop escaped from the scene successfully.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University fiasco: High Court directs Independent committee to submit report within five days
- Massive hunt for perpetrators behind the killing of Arunachal Pradesh MLA with 10 others underway at Khonsa region
- ENNG condemns Killing of AP MLA with 10 others
- Stop faking and face the facts
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh along with 6 others killed in ambush by suspected NSCN-IM cadres