Imphal, Jan. 12
Tulihal Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) celebrated National Youth Day with the students of Government Higher Secondary School, Wangoi on 11 January 2019. This day Marks the 156th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
The event provided a platform to stimulate the young minds, bring awareness amongst the youth on various social problems and motivate the young generation to assist and accord their valuable contribution towards Nation building.
The students and school staff appreciated the effort of the Assam Rifles for organising the competition and the students vowed their contribution for brighter times ahead. The event culminated with prize distribution to the best speakers followed by refreshments for all.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University fiasco: High Court directs Independent committee to submit report within five days
- Massive hunt for perpetrators behind the killing of Arunachal Pradesh MLA with 10 others underway at Khonsa region
- ENNG condemns Killing of AP MLA with 10 others
- Stop faking and face the facts
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh along with 6 others killed in ambush by suspected NSCN-IM cadres