Imphal, Jan. 12
Tulihal Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) celebrated National Youth Day with the students of Government Higher Secondary School, Wangoi on 11 January 2019. This day Marks the 156th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
As part of the celebrations the battalion conducted a declamation competition at Government Higher Secondary School, Wangoi. The students were given opportunity to present their views on contemporary topics including role of youth in combating social problems, drug abuse and nation building. In addition the students of Class IX to XII also expressed their views on role of women in active politics and choosing Indian Armed Forces as a mode of regional development.
The event provided a platform to stimulate the young minds, bring awareness amongst the youth on various social problems and motivate the young generation to assist and accord their valuable contribution towards Nation building.
The students and school staff appreciated the effort of the Assam Rifles for organising the competition and the students vowed their contribution for brighter times ahead. The event culminated with prize distribution to the best speakers followed by refreshments for all.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate