Locals of Singjamei Apunba Nupi Lup staged a sit-in-protest against the Citizen Amendment Bill 2016 today at Singjamei Mayengbam Leikai Sapam Mill.
She added that as Manipur doesn’t even have a mechanism to protect its own indigenous people. The bill will surely lead to an immense impact to the people which will even lead to the extinction of the indigenous people.
She further said that they will support the decisions taken up by the CSOs and students organization of Manipur against the unconstitutional bill.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit