Imphal Jan 10,
Socialist Students Union of Manipur (SSUM) ETA (Empowering Transgender Association) and “Nupa Manba Nupi Manbi” today staged a protest demonstration inside DM College campus by burning the book INVISIBLE MEN written by Nandini Krishnan for misleading the history of Manipur
The author Nandini Krishnan in her book tried to mislead the people by distorting the history of this reason by connecting Manipur with Mahabharata.
The writer also published wrong information about the transgender community of the state by linking its origin with that of Manipur’s. They urged the writer for public apology but the writer denied.
ETA president, Hemabati (Yambung) told to Imphal Times that the writer insisted to read the whole book if we want to understand. The book which is filled with only Hinduism opera drama, try to distort the history of Manipur. They further burn the book and her effigy with slogans.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit