Tengnoupal Battalion Assam Rifles of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) caught 27,000 WY tablets, yet again proving its might as a major deterrent to antinational elements and smugglers involved in contraband trafficking.
On 02 January 2019 at around 0700 hours, based on specific input received from reliable source regarding smuggling of contraband items, a team of Khudengthabi Post stopped a silver coloured Maruti 800, bearing registration No MN 02 B 3497 travelling from Moreh to Imphal for checking. While being interrogated and on carrying out a thorough checking of vehicle, 135 blue coloured packets containing 27,000 tablets, suspected to be WY tablets weighing 2.802 kg were found hidden inside chassis fold of vehicle, amounting to 81 lakhs.
Apprehendee Mr Md Feroz, age 40 years, s/o Mr Md Alimudin, r/o Muslim Nagar Mayai Leikai, Pumkot Minzang, Churachandpur District in Manipur, along with recovered items has been handed over to the concerned authorities after thorough interrogation and checking of the carrier vehicle.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- With BJP’s landslide victory, cracks in Manipur Coalition government almost mended
- Reality of Education system in Manipur
- Gaikhangam honours peoples’ mandate; but says it’s hard to believe
- Return of Modi-Shah combo, The 2019 mandate
- Landslide Victory for BJP led NDA: Country to see Modi as Prime Minister for the 2nd consecutive term