Imphal Dec. 29, National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed charge sheet against former director of the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), Dr. Mutum Shyamo. Dr. Shyamo was arrested on July 6, 2018 from Delhi in connection with his alleged role in the fund raising activities of armed group KCP led by one Ranjit Singh. Ranjit also known as Poirei was arrested from Delhi by the NIA in January 2017 along with one of his associates. On investigation by the NIA Dr. Shyamo’s name comes up and the NIA has been investigating his connection with the outfit. He was kept in judicial custody since his arrest from Delhi on July 6.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Education sector needs to re-evaluate disciplines offered in the context of global advancement: Minister Education
- CM inaugurates various projects through video conferencing
- AR Recovers Huge Quantity of Cash and Contraband Items
- CCTea donates tea packets to RIMS & JNIMS for front line workers
- ZP member calls on for co-operation of all sections in taking up development works