Thoubal, Dec.29, As a part of the drive for preservation of Thoubal River, locals of Thoubal Kshetri Leikai and Moirang Palli today force trucks to unload sands and stones at YASTA ground near Thoubal Thongkhong. Report said that 9 trucks carrying loads of sand mined from Thoubal Rivers were stopped by a large number of people at Thoubal KshetriLeikai and Moirang Palli area. The locals than forced the truck drivers to unload it at YASTA ground. It may be mentioned that Thoubal River Conservation Committee has been campaigning against sand mining in the river bed to preserve the river since a couple of years back.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- DIPR staffs donate one-day salary to CM’s COVID-19 relief fund
- Keeping the flames burning: the message of Humanity
- State observes World Environment Day 2020; Humans need nature for survival and nature doesn’t need us- N. Biren Singh
- Forest Minister Awangbow Newmai calls for conserving nature to protect human life & human race
- Loktak Lake: A gem perishing in front of our eyes