Thoubal, Dec.29, As a part of the drive for preservation of Thoubal River, locals of Thoubal Kshetri Leikai and Moirang Palli today force trucks to unload sands and stones at YASTA ground near Thoubal Thongkhong. Report said that 9 trucks carrying loads of sand mined from Thoubal Rivers were stopped by a large number of people at Thoubal KshetriLeikai and Moirang Palli area. The locals than forced the truck drivers to unload it at YASTA ground. It may be mentioned that Thoubal River Conservation Committee has been campaigning against sand mining in the river bed to preserve the river since a couple of years back.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifle inaugurates vocational training centre and distributes solar power systems
- Manipur State Journalist Awards, 2019 conferred to 8 journalists on National Press Day
- Manju Diler visits Ccpur, takes stock of manual Labourers’ Plight
- Children should be acquainted with the beauty of nature for harmonious living: Deputy CM
- Minister Shyamkumar launches green bag at Ima Market; 2 Lakhs Green Paper Bag Distributed To Curb Plastic Pollution