Women folk of Thoubal Haokha Mamang and Maning Leikai today convened a meeting in connection with the dead of pregnant woman Joypremi @ naocha (25), who was found, hung to death on Tuesday. A condolence meeting was also held during the protest demonstration.
A woman leader while speaking to media persons said that as far as the locals knew, the ill-fated lady was known for her good relations with her in-laws, but however, what led her to under went such extreme circumstance remain mystery to everyone.
Police team is investigating in connection to the death. And any decision before the truth is known will be immature and as for the locals if the her in-laws are found involved in the death of the lady the family will be ostracized from the locality, a local leader said.
Meira Paibi of the locality will always stand for the truth and as she is survived by her husband and children the Local Meira paibi opined that her dead body be cremated at her husband locality.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Husband appointed as a consultant by MCPCR Chairperson gets Rs. 9,10,000/- as hiring charge for his own vehicles
- With by-election likely to announce anytime, hardcore state BJP workers worry as party establishment yet to be restructured
- I have asked office bearers to continue service until new appointment - Prof. S. Tikendra
- Tears still wet the eys of many widows of extrajudicial victims
- “Prejudices for unalike religions”