Imphal, Dec 27,
Youth’s Action Committee for the Protection of Indigenous Peoples (YACPIP) expressed strong condemnation to the killing of a youth namely Mr. (L) Salam Prashanta aged about 25 by a person said to be one SBI Manager Mr. Chabungbam Budhahandra aged about 55 years old on the night of 25th December, 2018.
It could be observed that the incident happened for not providing ways to the conflicting parties while driving which resulted in shooting at a boy on his chest by Mr. Budhachandra with a gun which he had.
Such an incident was not only the incident committed by the Gun holders in the state but we already did experience similar cases earlier which claimed the lives of few innocent people.
The Government of Manipur must scrutinize the process of providing license gun and also the illegal guns which are pouring in our state through different illegal agents which is seriously in need for strict monitoring in order not to let such similar incident occur in the future.
We further would like to appeal the State Police Department to charge sheet the matter at the earliest and the killer be punished according to the rule of law.
The Gun must be put to an End!
YACPIP said it will support to the deceased family members and to fight for justice for the deceased soul.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- A Reader’s Response to your article “A.I. in modern era”
- Criminal contempt case taken up for defaming High Court appointee MU Administrator Jarnail Singh
- State to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2022
- Combating Covid-19 pandemic by empowering the youth
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire