Manipur Scheduled Tribe students were today denied entry in the college they are studying for nearly last 3 years now. The college management shut the main doors of the college and did not allow the tribal students belonging to Manipur to appear in the exams. These students took admission, under Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) scheme funded by central Govt. of India, during 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18 are pursuing various graduate and postgraduate level courses in the Vidya Jyoti College in the state of Punjab.
As per the students the Department of Tribal Hills & Affairs, Govt. of Manipur, Imphal released nearly the full scholarship amount to the students who applied in the year 2014-15 but later on release 20% of the fees sitting the reason of Fee Fixation.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined
- Where have the PDS rice allocated for non-voters or non-card holders gone at some assembly constituency?