Imphal, Dec. 20
Large number of angry protestors came out at National Highway 102 today morning and block road protesting against the alleged extra judicial killing of Md. Abdul Gafar @ Sahit (36 years) son of Babu Macha of Lilong Usoipokpi Makha, after he was allegedly pick up combined team of 20AR and Thoubal District Commando. A protester talking to media said that Md. Abdul Gafar is a civilian and had been living life by working as Auto driver. He was picked up at around 2am today by combined troop of CDO and AR from his residence at Usoipokpi Makha. He was later found this morning at JNIMS Morgue. He is survived by 5 children – 2 daughters and 3 sons. As per statement of the deceased wife the security force did not provided any arrest memo at the time he was picked up. Local protester threatened intense agitations if those involved in the killing of Md. Abdul Gafar are not punished as per the law of the land.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Husband appointed as a consultant by MCPCR Chairperson gets Rs. 9,10,000/- as hiring charge for his own vehicles
- With by-election likely to announce anytime, hardcore state BJP workers worry as party establishment yet to be restructured
- I have asked office bearers to continue service until new appointment - Prof. S. Tikendra
- Tears still wet the eys of many widows of extrajudicial victims
- “Prejudices for unalike religions”