Imphal, Dec. 20
Large number of angry protestors came out at National Highway 102 today morning and block road protesting against the alleged extra judicial killing of Md. Abdul Gafar @ Sahit (36 years) son of Babu Macha of Lilong Usoipokpi Makha, after he was allegedly pick up combined team of 20AR and Thoubal District Commando. A protester talking to media said that Md. Abdul Gafar is a civilian and had been living life by working as Auto driver. He was picked up at around 2am today by combined troop of CDO and AR from his residence at Usoipokpi Makha. He was later found this morning at JNIMS Morgue. He is survived by 5 children – 2 daughters and 3 sons. As per statement of the deceased wife the security force did not provided any arrest memo at the time he was picked up. Local protester threatened intense agitations if those involved in the killing of Md. Abdul Gafar are not punished as per the law of the land.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today