The memorial stone of Meshangkhum Makunga Maring, a revered Maring figure has been unveiled today at Laiching Meipou village, Pallel in Chandel district. The memorial stones were unveiled by MNBA Finance Secretary Rev Y.Modarshim Makunga Maring and Moderated by T.Kobin, Church Secretary LMBC. Social Activities of (L) Meshangkhum Makunga Maring are Laiching Meipou Village Mantri Since 1957 till his last breath, Executive Member of Maring Racial Association 1954-1964, Committee of Maring Naga Market of Khangshim Bazar in 1971-1975, Executive Member of Uparap Maring Naga Assembly 1973-1975, Committee Member Electoral Revision Protest Committee 1981, Maring Naga Tribe Representative invited to New Delhi 26th January 1979 & Representative invited at Imphal for The Republic Day Celebration in 1990 and Representative of Maring Naga Tribe at Panchayati Raj Samelan at Kolkata Salt Lake, etc. President of Maring Uparap Assembly (MUA) L.Modun Charanga talking to reporter, always a Proud moment in the life of Late Meshangkhum Makunga one of the pioneer of the Maring Uparap Assembly who dedicate and rendered relentless services for the welfare of the Maring Tribe. He was a true social worker, love to help people, always think for Society Development. During the programme, local Pastor Mr.D.Kodang released a souvenir and family member of (L) Meshangkhum Makunga Maring delivered a short speech. The programme was also attended by Founder Secretary of SEMCO Rev.W.Roel, President of All Laiching Action Committee T.Kothang and Chairman of Laiching Meipou Village Authority Ch.Angdar.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- A Reader’s Response to your article “A.I. in modern era”
- Criminal contempt case taken up for defaming High Court appointee MU Administrator Jarnail Singh
- State to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2022
- Combating Covid-19 pandemic by empowering the youth
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire