Imphal, Dec 19,
Seniority lists of the Section Officers Grade –I (Civil Engineering) of the state Public Works Department (PWD) prepared by the Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) turns out to be a flop show as the department promoted 10 of them to Assistant Engineers (AEs) by skipping the senior SOs.
As per source with the Imphal Times; of the 92 Grade -1, Section Officers (Civil Engineering) whose seniority lists has been prepared by the MPSC, serial number 3, 8,9,10, 12, 15, 21, 24, 29 and 89 were promoted to Assistant Engineers in Charge this December. The Promotion order was released separately for every SOs and one among them was released on December 15, 2018. The order was signed by Sheikh Abdul Hakim, Under Secretary Works, Govt. of Manipur. Source also added that the recommendations for promotion of the SOs were done by the PWD Minister.
The nature of promotion of the SOs to AEs by skipping the seniority list prepared by the MPSC showed some sort of discrepancies. Questions were being asked on the value of the Seniority list prepared by the MPSC. If the Seniority list is to be of no used in the line of promotion it is a waste for the MPSC to prepare the seniority list.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Disqualification Case: Speaker’s Tribunal dismisses objection plea by 7 MLAs
- Extraordinary measures during extraordinary time
- Disqualification case: HC reserves judgment, to pronounce on June 8
- War on COVID-19: Authority needs to review the quarantine management
- Custom officer asks Rs. 1 lakh for ‘Chai Paani’ for refund of deposited money