Imphal, Dec 16,
Volunteers of Manipuri Students’ Association Delhi (MSAD) were detained today at two different police stations of New Delhi while they were on their way to stage protest at Manipur Bhavan.
Report reaching here said that around 15 MSAD volunteers including Veewon Thonchom, President of MSAD were detent at Chanakyapuri Police Station, New Delhi, when they were on their way at Manipur Bhavan. The report added that another 20 numbers of MSAD volunteers including the General Secretary and former General Secretary of MSAD were detained at Tuglak Nagar Police station. At the time of filling this story the MSAD volunteers were still detained by the police.
Talking to Imphal Times, A MSAD volunteers said that the Delhi police detained them as per directives from the Manipur government. Those detained at Chanakyapuri Police Station were not allowed to use their cell phone, the report added.
MSAD had earlier staged a candle light demonstration at Manipur University on December 8. On the day the MSAD had announced that the organization will organised series of protest at New Delhi.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur government celebrates Amit Shah’s nods to extend ILPS; declares holiday
- Amit Shah’s assurance for extension of ILPS in Manipur -too early for celebration
- Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019: Proposal & Reactions
- Citizenship Amendment Bill introduced in Lok Sabha
- Amit Shah introduces Inner Line Permit System in Manipur in LS