Imphal, Dec 12,
Education Minister Thokchom Radheshyam advised the students to inculcate the habit of hard work and a strong determination to achieve their goal in life. He said that to accomplish the aim in life one must have a clear vision and learn how to attain it.
He said that education is not just to get good marks, and appealed to the teachers and parents not to pressurize the children as it could hinder the growth and progress of the children. In life some may get success early and some may get it later but what is important is to provide the children a chance to grow. He urged the guardians to mentor and nurture the students to allow them developed the innate talents and creativity.
The Minister was speaking at the Opening Ceremony of 44th Annual Athletic Meet, 2018 of Sainik School Imphal. He said that in a competition taking part in fair manner is more important than winning. The meet, he added would provide a chance for the students to learn to work in team. Every moment, he said, is very precious and the students should learn to cherish the moments.
Thokchom Radheshyam, who is also an ex-student of the Sainik School, said that the contribution of the school in the field of education is commendable. He added that whatever he has been able to achieve today has been because of the education he had received and learned in the school.
The Minister also inaugurated the Kangla Dwar constructed at the school premise. Token of appreciation were also handed to the teachers of the school. Principal of the school D. Shakhwar, Vice Principal Shreeprakash, teachers, students and guardians attended the ceremony. The meet will conclude on 16th December, 2018.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- CM co-chaired MoS Home GK Reddy in Security review meeting held ahead of the final settlement with NSCN-IM
- We definitely want a solution of the NSCN-IM and that could be empowering the ADCs
- UCM says ‘No’ to Pan Naga Cultural Body, Autonomous Naga Council or extension of Article 371(A) to Manipur
- Any settlement with the NSCN-IM that may hurt the sentiment of the People will not be tolerated – MPCC
- Union MoS Home K Reddy greeted with slogans to protect territorial integrity of Manipur