By Our Correspondent
Guwahati, Dec 10,
Journalists’ Forum Assam (JFA) expresses concern over the incident of abuses of a lady scribe by another city based journalist which has already reached the legal course and bats for justice to the victim. The forum however insists on proper opportunity provided to the accused journalist to put forward his version as well.
It may be mentioned that the television scribe lodged an FIR in Dispur police station stating that she was harassed, abused and threatened last week by the male journalist, also a television reporter, with one of his friends. Following her urgent calls, few colleagues rescued her and reported to the police station, said the victim scribe in a communiqué to the JFA.
“We hope that the law will take its own course and the victim scribe gets justice. Anybody, who indulges in illegal activities, should be punished. However, we pursue that the accused journalist should also be given the right of self-defense,” said a JFA statement issued to the media.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined
- Where have the PDS rice allocated for non-voters or non-card holders gone at some assembly constituency?
- Lockdown turn out to be a boon for infertile couple – Dr. James
- Fighting COVID-19: lockdown is not the best policy – RPF
- Legitimacy to the granting of Lhukhosei Zou on bail by Justice A. Noutuneshwari questioned