Imphal Dec, 9
Chandel Battalion of HQ 26 Sector Assam Rifles, HQ IGAR (South) organised a sports event comprising of six villages from Chandel District, Manipur. The sports event included friendly volleyball tournament and interaction among the youth of the villages under the Larong Company Operating Base of Chandel Battalion in which total 55 villagers participated.
Sports is the true answer for negating the adverse affect of insurgency on the youth of these remote villages of North Eastern States of Country. As part of the Youth Development Program of Assam Rifles such events are conducted to indentify and support the potential sportsman from the remote villages for further nurturing by selecting them under sports quota to represent country at National and International level.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Bomb Blast at Thangmeiband; Two CRPF jawans injured
- CBI raids ex CM Ibobi Singh’s residence in connection with multi crore MDS scam
- Where is Meghen? – Information sought by RTI activist
- Do the needful; make sure that Sangai festival success
- MU authority making a mockery of RTI; Prolonged stay of IAS as Vice Chancellor of Manipur University fears financial irregularities