Imphal Dec, 9
Chandel Battalion of HQ 26 Sector Assam Rifles, HQ IGAR (South) organised a sports event comprising of six villages from Chandel District, Manipur. The sports event included friendly volleyball tournament and interaction among the youth of the villages under the Larong Company Operating Base of Chandel Battalion in which total 55 villagers participated.
Sports is the true answer for negating the adverse affect of insurgency on the youth of these remote villages of North Eastern States of Country. As part of the Youth Development Program of Assam Rifles such events are conducted to indentify and support the potential sportsman from the remote villages for further nurturing by selecting them under sports quota to represent country at National and International level.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Husband appointed as a consultant by MCPCR Chairperson gets Rs. 9,10,000/- as hiring charge for his own vehicles
- With by-election likely to announce anytime, hardcore state BJP workers worry as party establishment yet to be restructured
- I have asked office bearers to continue service until new appointment - Prof. S. Tikendra
- Tears still wet the eys of many widows of extrajudicial victims
- “Prejudices for unalike religions”