Imphal, Dec. 7,
The 6th Death Anniversary of Late Seram Mangi Singh will be observed on Tuesday, the 11th December 2018 at a simple ceremony at the Community Hall of Ibudhou Wangbren Khana Chaoba, Akampat (Singjamei Wangma Kshetri Leikai) at 1.00 PM.
Ningombam Hemantakumar, Senior Journalist (Editor, Sanaleibak Daily) will be presented with “Seram Mangi Singh Memorial Award 2018 (for best news analyst)” in consideration of his expertise, experience, enthusiasm and boldness in analyzing the various contemporary issues through the different electronic media of the state, a statement of the Seram Mangi Singh Foundation said.
As part of the observance, Dr. Chinglen Maisnam, Economist will deliver Seram Mangi Singh Memorial Lecture on the topic: “Centralisation Decentralisation Paradox: A reflection on Centre State Relation”.
The observance will be graced by Shri Dilip Mayengbam, Station Director, All India Radio, Imphal as Chief Guest and Leihaothabam Sharatchandra Sharma, Social Activist as President.
The Seram Mangi Singh Foundation has been observing the anniversary annually since 2013 with presentation of Memorial Award and delivery of Memorial Lecture to remember life and works of Late Seram Mangi Singh.
Memorial Awards have been given to personalities in varied fields. The first recipient of the award in 2013 was News Reporter of Hueiyen Lanpao Daily, Bijoy Singh (Journalism), the second was Akoijam Ibomcha Singh (Culture), the third was Leihaothabam Sharatchandra Sharma (Social Work), the fourth was Iboyaima Khuman (Shumang Lila) and the fifth was Huidrom Bhorot (Lyricist).
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- AR Rifleman detained and harassed IPS officer on duty at Imphal – Moreh road
- PREPAK rejects celebration of Manipur Statehood Day
- PREPAK(Pro) slams Ranjan over his statement on drug use among students
- 11th edition of Pragjyoti International Dance Festival to be held at Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra on January 31 and February 1, 2020
- Nation and Unintegrated part now bridged; have more trust in Indian constitution