Imphal, Dec. 7
Forest & Environment and MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar yesterday appealed to all the dog owners of the State to put collar belts around their pets and not to let loose their pets astray in the streets and locality.
Speaking to media persons at his New Secretariat office, Minister Th. Shyamkumar said that MAHUD Department will issue an order to all the Urban Local Bodies to identify domestic and stray dogs so that necessary action can be taken up the concern departments.
He said the Minister of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry will be consulted for the dog census so that number of domestic dogs as well as stray dogs can be easily verified, He further said consultation will be also held regarding census on the number of dogs which have already received rabies vaccination.
He also made fervor appeal to the public no to panic over the incidents as the authorities as well as the experts are jointly working and assessing the situation. He said officials and staff of Forest and Environment are working towards maintaining a peaceful coexistence between humans and the wildlife.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- AIFUCTO stands with AMCTA’s demand for implementation of 7th UGC pay scale
- The wrath of Mother Nature: Mercury is rising
- Dr. Heptulla lauds the nurses of Manipur; says they are highly demanded outside the state
- Kumbi BJYM President threatened by State Veterinary dept. staffs
- 4 plus 4 is always equal to 8: But there is something to worry