Imphal, Dec 4,
Rebel group Maoist Communist Party , Manipur (MCPM), in a statement today said that it has postponed its earlier scheduled general strike called from Dec 5 till the midnight of Dec 7. It said that the general strike will be called from December 16 midnight till December 18 midnight.
A statement of the outfit said that even thought all was set to call the general strike the political gaol that the Maoist is likely to be thwarted as the Manipur government is still yet to call the Assembly session. It said the general strike is being called on the needs for political, social and organisational matters. And as the government delayed in calling the state assembly session the party felt its necessities to postpone the general strike.
The rebel group continue to lambast the authoritarian nature of the present government over the misused of power. Fault promises about the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission , going in hands with political party which is sponsored by he NSCN-IM whose main agenda is to distort the unity of the state , threat intimidation to media houses by filing defamation cases for reporting against them, misusing of NSA etc. were some of the matters highlighted by the rebel group
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today