Imphal, Dec. 3
District Health Society, Chandel & National Tobacco Control Program (NTCP) Chandel, organised a District level Orientation/ Workshop of Stakeholder organisations yesterday at DRDA hall, DC complex Chandel.
Chief Medical officer, Chandel, Dr. Serthani Serbum and DNO, NPCDCS/NCD Cell, Dr. Gillbert Sumpi graced the function as the Chief Guest and the Guest of Honour respectively.
In today’s program Dr. N. Somorjit Singh, SNO, NTCP, Government of Manipur spoke about Tobacco Control Act (COPA) 2003 and the roles of various Govt. Departments and other stakeholders in tobacco control.
Dr. Gillbert Sumpi, DNO, NPCDCS/NCD Cell spoke on the topic, “tobacco and its effects on human body” and “Growing tobacco addiction among youth – the way ahead.”
While giving the welcome address Dr. Joyson Mathew Monsang, DNO NTCP highlighted the overview of the workshop and its objectives,
The orientation/ workshop were attended by various stakeholders like, students, Village Chiefs and representatives of all the major departments of the district.
Yesterday program was concluded with the closing Remark and vote of thanks by Tovir Ngoru, District Program Manager i/c.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today