Imphal, Dec. 3
Tulihal Battalion of HQ 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) organised a free medical camp at City Higher Secondary School in Mayang Imphal.
The medical camp witnessed attendance by over 400 locals from the area. The locals were provided with free medical treatment, consultation on various diseases and health related issues as well as free medicines were distributed to the needy patients. The camp also witnessed great gesture by five doctors namely Dr. Mohammad Firoz Khan(cardiac specialist), Dr. Salim Khan, Dr. Y Opendro, Dr. Yaiwang, Dr. Sadananda, Dr. Sundaram, Regimental Medical Officer(RMO) of Tulihal Batallion alongwith a team of nurses from Mayang Imphal Primary Health Centre(PHC) who volunteered to assist the medical team of the Battalion. During the camp, Dr Mohammad Firoz Khan (cardiac specialist) carried out ECG and also provided consultancy to the patients on cardiac issues.
In order to support the noble efforts of the Assam Rifles, Deputy Speaker of Manipur Th Robindro Singh not only graced the occasion by his presence but also provided additional medicines for the medical camp.
The people of the area conveyed their heartfelt gratitude to the Assam Rifles for their sincere endeavour and requested for more such camps in the near future for the benefit of the entire community.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today
- Is there any way forward that the Meitei, Naga and Kuki jointly resist CAB from a common platform
- Enigma of Unique Histories