As observed in other part of the World Disabled Day was celebrated today at Yairipok Top Chingtha Kuthabi ground. The celebration was organised by Handicapped Welfare Association Manipur State.
Forest Minister Shyamkumar while speaking as the chief guest of the function appreciated the differently abled person for their courage and talent at different field.
“The differently abled persons are no different from others; they are exceptional in one or other field. Some of them are even talented from the normal person”, the Minister said.
The Minister showed his respect and care for the differently abled person saying that we cannot say what will happen to us the next day and it is the need of the hour that we extend all our possible support to the disabled persons.
What enthralls the gathering is the donation of blankets by the daughter of Minister Shyamkumar to 180 differently abled persons. Shyamkumar said his daughter presented the blanket by her own saving from her salary.
Shyamkumar further expressed his desire of mass public participation to occasion related to disabled people.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- We have full faith in our leadership, Manipur will not be affected – CM assures again
- CM has every reason to believe but not the public
- The hostile education system and future of children in the northeast India
- UNLF Chairman RK Meghen taken to Delhi
- Alert demonstration demanding disclosure of FA continues; More Congress MLAs joins COCOMI protest