Imphal, Dec. 2
On the occasion of World AIDS Day on 01 December 2018, Mantripukhri Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) conducted an insightful awareness drive on HIV AIDS at Leishamba Mahikol School.
The awareness drive included a lecture on HIV AIDS followed by discussion which was attended by over 100 boarding students and teachers of the school. The students were informed on various causes and symptoms of AIDS and preventive measures that need to be taken to check the ailment. The students were also sensitised that AIDS is not a social stigma and does not spread by just touching. The AIDS affected persons need to be provided due human compassion and medical attention to overcome the mental stress due to the disease.
The students and teachers expressed their appreciation towards the Assam Rifles for having organised an intuitive awareness drive on such a sensitive issue of AIDS and betterment of the entire society.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- State Assembly Session : House Passed demands for six departments
- SCERT embeds Assembly session as an excuse for disregarding Manipur Information Commission
- Be cautious; of the 30 countries affected by Novel Coronavirus no case reported from Myanmar
- Finally, MHRD seeks President’s approval for removal of Manipur University VC AP Pandey
- Government Aided School Employees threaten to commit suicide for revised pay