Imphal, Dec. 2
On the occasion of World AIDS Day on 01 December 2018, Mantripukhri Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) conducted an insightful awareness drive on HIV AIDS at Leishamba Mahikol School.
The awareness drive included a lecture on HIV AIDS followed by discussion which was attended by over 100 boarding students and teachers of the school. The students were informed on various causes and symptoms of AIDS and preventive measures that need to be taken to check the ailment. The students were also sensitised that AIDS is not a social stigma and does not spread by just touching. The AIDS affected persons need to be provided due human compassion and medical attention to overcome the mental stress due to the disease.
The students and teachers expressed their appreciation towards the Assam Rifles for having organised an intuitive awareness drive on such a sensitive issue of AIDS and betterment of the entire society.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Around 85 persons from Manipur suspected to have attend the religious congregation at Delhi’s Nizamuddin; CM appeals to come forward for testing
- PPFA insists on self- conscience during Covid-19 pandemic
- Fighting COVID-19; Health Advisory needs to be reviewed
- An appeal to the public of Manipur from a Manipuri Doctor working in UK
- Reflections in the shadow of Covid19