Imphal, Nov. 21.
Ahead of the grand opening of Manipur Sangai Festival, 2018, Chief Minister N. Biren Singh inaugurated Memento Museum inside Kangla Fort and inspected various beautification and construction works going on there today.
The Chief Minister said that his inspection of Kangla Fort was specifically conducted in connection with the Princess’ visit as the Chief Minister’s Office had been intimated about her desire to have glimpses of historical items and structures concerning monarchical period of Manipur.
Responding to a query regarding development of Kangla Fort, Shri N. Biren Singh said that there are many new beautification and development works going on inside the fort and it would take some more time in taking a final shape. Regarding suspension of Light and Sound show, the Chief Minister said that the Kangla Fort Board is trying to find out a proper means to allow entry of crowd at night.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- With BJP’s landslide victory, cracks in Manipur Coalition government almost mended
- Reality of Education system in Manipur
- Gaikhangam honours peoples’ mandate; but says it’s hard to believe
- Return of Modi-Shah combo, The 2019 mandate
- Landslide Victory for BJP led NDA: Country to see Modi as Prime Minister for the 2nd consecutive term