Imphal, Nov 13.
Supreme Court today rejects the petition filed by Prof. Yugindro against the appointment of Administrator at Manipur University. Prof. Yugindro was appointed as the Pro VC , by former VC Prof. AP Pandey, when the later was put on force leave by Union HRD.
Prof. Ch. Yashawanta Singh of the Department of Linguistics has been appointed as the Dean of students’ Welfare of Manipur University with effect from yesterday by the administrator of Manipur University after approval of the Executive Council. Earlier Khumukcham Tomba of the Commerce department was the dean of Students’ Welfare, he resigned in the wake of the prolong agitation by the Manipur University community.
Many changes has been seen after the Manipur High Court appointed Jarnail Singh , a retd. IAS as the administrator of Manipur University. Of now the University is heading towards good direction.
Meanwhile the Supreme Court of India has rejected the case filed by Prof. Yugindro against the appointment of Jarnail Singh as the Administrator of Manipur University .
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- With BJP’s landslide victory, cracks in Manipur Coalition government almost mended
- Reality of Education system in Manipur
- Gaikhangam honours peoples’ mandate; but says it’s hard to believe
- Return of Modi-Shah combo, The 2019 mandate
- Landslide Victory for BJP led NDA: Country to see Modi as Prime Minister for the 2nd consecutive term