Imphal, Oct 16,
All the members of the Manipur University community including 6 faculty members were released today after Chief Judicial Magistrate, Imphal West, Lamkhanpau Tonsing disposed the case today.
The 14 Manipur University Community including the six Faculty members were arrested as per complaint by Pro Yugindro , which he had admitted to the governor of the Manipur that he had filed false report. Police had taken up FIR as per report of Prof. Yugindro. The Investigation officer of the case had filed final report and the complainant had had accepted the report.
Following the FR , the court announced released of all the 14 members detained in Judicial custody.
Those released includes Prof. Dorendrajit Singh, Prof. Ch. Yashowanta Singh, Dr. L. Bishwanath Sharma etc.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh along with 6 others killed in ambush by suspected NSCN-IM cadres
- Poll result prediction: ‘to be or not to be ...’
- AIFUCTO stands with AMCTA’s demand for implementation of 7th UGC pay scale
- The wrath of Mother Nature: Mercury is rising
- Dr. Heptulla lauds the nurses of Manipur; says they are highly demanded outside the state