From a Correspondent
Guwahati, Oct 11,
Assam government has decided to develop the places visited by Mahatma Gandhi as historical sites so that the youth could be more accustomed to Gandhi’s life and works as well as realize the significance of the places.
State chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal, during a meeting for discussing the celebration of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma in the city, directed the concerned departments to take up necessary steps for developing of the sites within Assam.
“It was also decided to adopt extensive activities as part of the celebration by the State government in the meeting, where Sonowal stressed on adequately highlighting Mahatma’s life, works and ideals among the youth,” said a government communiqué.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey