‘AP Pandey donates Rs. 2 lakhs to ABVP for publication of souvenir’
Imphal, Sept 30,
It was not the frequent leave that provokes anger to the Manipur University Community against AP Pandey but also misuse of Manipur University fund by violating the rules and regulations of the University and also disparities towards students groups.
Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad is a students’ wing of the BJP. The MU community term the donation from the Manipur University Fund as “Arbitrary and illegal”. Source said that the statement submitted to the 2 member enquiry committee stated that if the payment of donation is in connection with the publication of souvenir, the payment should be made after a copy of the souvenir is submitted. However, in the case at hand , no copy of the souvenir is available in the record.
There are over 15 major students groups operating in the state including ANSAM, ATUM, KSO, AMSU, MSF , KSA , SUK, AIIMS , SSUM etc. Each student body use to publish annual report of souvenir. If ABVP can get a donation of Rs. 2 Lakh from the Manipur University exchequer why not the other student body get the same privileged, a student leader of the MUSU said while talking to this reporter.
If it is the case Manipur University have to spent nearly Rs. 20 Lakh for providing financial assistance to students’ body every year.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit