New Delhi, Sept 17,
A Protest March was held yesterday at Delhi University against brutal police crackdown on teachers and students in Manipur University. Teachers, students’ organizations and common students participated in the march.
Rajeeb Ray, President of Delhi University Teachers’ Association (DUTA) and Federation of Central University Teachers’ Associations (FEDCUTA), Nandita Narain, former President DUTA and FEDCUTA addressed the gathering. The organizations present in the protest march included KYS, AISA, BAPSA, NESF-JNU, SFI, MSAD, NESS-DU, UNIKAS, BASO, JNUSU, DSU and NSUI-NE Wing.
The gatherers took out a march around North Campus, Delhi University, before culminating it at Vivekananda Statue with a Candle Light Vigil. The gathering condemned the situation of a ‘war zone’ created by the administration of Manipur University and demanded immediate and unconditional release of arrested students and teachers. It also condemn banning of internet services in Manipur by the state BJP government. The gatherers also appealed to the concerned authorities to intervene immediately to bring normalcy to Manipur University.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit