Imphal, Sept 20,
District Session Court Imphal West today convicted life imprisonment to Khullem Jiten Singh (41 yrs) son of Kh. Kendrajit of Naoremthong Khullem leikai, who was found guilty of murdering his uncle on the evening of June 30, 2015.
Justice Maibam Manojkumar announced the verdict today saying that the guilty is punishable under section 302, 307 and 27 for life imprisonment. The Judge also directed the state social welfare department to compensate an amount of Rs. 5 lakh to the next kin of the deceased Khullem Khrishnamohon and another Rs. 50, 000/- to the injured Khullem Priyobratta.
Both Priyobratta and Khrishnamohon were uncle of the culprit. He fired the duo using his license gun on the evening of June 30 , 2015. Krishnamohon succumbed to his injury however Priyobratta managed to survived.
The Session court found the culprit found guilty on September 18 and the verdict for punishment was announced today.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit