Imphal, Sept. 20,
Government Spokesperson Thongam Biswajit Singh said that the approval for establishment of a sports university in the State is the Centre’s acknowledgement of the State sportspersons’ performances, talents and activities.
Biswajit was speaking today at the formal flagging off ceremony of the 20-member FC Imphal City team for the 16th Administrator’s Challenge Cup All India Football Tournament U-17 (Boys) – 2018, Youth Affairs & Sports, Chandigarh. The tournament will be played from 21st September to 30th September. The flag off ceremony was held at Kangla western gate.
Sports and culture identify our State to the outside world, he said adding that the present Shri Biren Singh led government in the State has been supporting and encouraging sportspersons and will continue to do so.
Biswajit also wished the FC Imphal City team all the success.
Meanwhile, speaking on the sideline of the ceremony to media persons, the government spokesperson also said that the Manipur Mob Violence Control and Prohibition Bill will be implemented as an ordinance and efforts will be put to pass it as an Act at the earliest. The ordinance will not only help in containing communal hatred and mob violence but will also show the existence of the law of land, he said.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit