Imphal, Sept 20,
Major General K P Singh, YSM, Inspector General Assam Rifles called on Dr Najma Heptulla, Hon’ble Governor of Manipur on 19th September. The Governor appreciated the efforts made by Assam Rifles in maintaining a peaceful environment in the state which is very well evident from the reduced presence and hold of prominent UG outfits in the state. She credited Assam rifles for the prevailing peace situation in the state and attributed its improved social condition to the meaningful Civic Action activities undertaken by the force for upliftment of the society.
The General Officer complimented the Governor for portraying Manipur in a befitting manner at national level and playing a pivotal role in bringing about a positive change in the state during her tenure. Indicating towards the rich history of the Manipuri society, the General Officer also expressed his views on how Manipuris make the finest soldiers of Assam Rifles. He also mentioned that the Manipuris have showed tremendous potential and have surpassed their contemporaries in making themselves a sought out cadre of the force. Towards the end the Hon’ble Governor appealed to the General Officers for continued efforts from the Assam Rifles in maintaining peaceful environment within the state as well as friendly relation between India and Myanmar along the international border.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit