Siam Sarower Jamil,
Dhaka, Sep 20,
At least 20 left leaders and activists were injured on Thursday as police foiled an attempt of Left Democratic Alliance to lay siege to the Election Commission with a view to holding a free and fair national election.
The police obstructed the march when it reached at Karwan Bazar around 12:30pm.
Among the injured are Chhatra Union President GM Zilani Shuvo and Revolutionary Workers Party of Bangladesh general secretary Saiful Haque, said Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) leader Ruhin Hossain Prince.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit