Imphal, Sept 6,
All is set to start the enquiry of the allegations against the VC Prof. Prof. AP Pandey. Member of the constituted enquiry committee headed by retired acting Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Copurt T. N Singh, Prof. MK Choudhury, former Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University today arrived here in Imphal to start the enquiry.
Prof. MK Choudhury takes some times as he had some assignment with the government matters of Assam. After his retirement Prof. MK Choudhury has been inducted as financial and academic Advisor to Finance and Education Minister of Assam, Himanta Bishwas.
With his arrival it is expected that the enquiry may start at the earliest possible time.
However, it is not clear on whether there will be any obstacle to the enquiry as a case against the enquiry as well as the MoA signed between the MHRD, MU Community and Govt. of Manipur has been filed by Prof. AP Pandey at Manipur High Court.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Doner Approves 176.43 Crores for different schemes in the state
- Ukhrul Baby League Football Cup - 2019 Launched By AR
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Joint Team Apprehends Cadre Involved In Ambush On Assam Rifles
- Minister Shyamkumar opens rural market shed in Senapati; Inspects ongoing projects in Imphal East