Imphal, Sept 5,
For the first time in the country, Floating Hut Repertory (FHR), Thanga is all set to give a new taste to the rich theatrical culture of the state with its real experimental theater.
‘Meet the real sites and fictional spaces’- the new experimental venture of FHR is based on life and history of people and Loktak Lake area and is the first experimental theater of the country.
The endeavor of FHR is to experience what are the transformations related to combining aspects of a landscape and retell the real stories about Loktak while exploring the cultural aesthetics of Loktak and people inhabited around the lake. The text material of the plays is mainly of Loktak folk and contemporary stories describing the people and issues. The site is the resource for performance material.
The project, ‘Meet the real sites and fictional spaces’ is planned for a series of performance for tourist interest starting from 17 September 2018 at Takmu, Loktak, said the director, while adding that he wants to re-define the relationship between real sites and performance spaces.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Govt. lays foundation stones for improvement of 60 Govt. Schools
- Minister Biswajit stresses on teachers’ role in shaping students’ future
- Minister Jayantakumar Cheques Amounting Rs. 57,50000 Distributed To Five ADCs
- Assam Rifles Celebrates 73rd Independence Day
- ARMY recovers huge cache of Arms and Ammunition in Noney district of Manipur