Imphal, Sept 2,
Three candidates who had contested the 12 Manipur Legislative Assembly Election from Sugnu Assembly constituency today announced that the three of them will jointly support the BJP candidate in the upcoming Lok Sabha Election scheduled to be held in 2019.
All the three were seeking BJP ticket in the last assembly election however Yumnam Jiban (Shangba) was offered the BJP ticket. Khaidem Sharat and M. Binod even thought prior to the election had announced to support to any of the candidate who got the BJP ticket contested the candidate at their own level joining other political party. K Ranjit of Congress won the election.
The three candidate now re-unite and announced that this time they will together work for the BJP and support the BJP candidate whoever has been chosen for contesting the upcoming Lok Sabha Election.
It may be mentioned that Yumnam Jibon @ Shangba hails from Wangoo, K Sharat is from Sugnu and his father was a one time MLA from Sugnu AC. M. Binod is from Kakching Khunou and is the son of late M. Babu Singh( Former Minister)
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- CM leads mass plantation drive at Kangla 10,000 fruit bearing trees will be planted inside Kangla: CM
- Assam Rifles Distributes Sports Kit
- AR organises medical camp at little drops Life orphanage home cum Organises Medical Camp For Special Children
- AR organized women’s volleyball Tournament at Ukhrul and inter village youth Volleyball championship
- AR Conducts Medical Camp at Khamasom