Imphal, July 28,
Green skill Development Programme (GSDP) was launched today at Apex Institute Manipur (AIM), Kangabam Leikai, Imphal.
Addressing the key note address, Dr Bijen stated that the programme will impart knowledge on Para Taxonomy (including Peoples Biodiversity Register (PBR) and emphasized to develop green skilled workers having technical knowledge and commitment to sustainable development which will help in the attainment of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDDs), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), National Biodiversity Bio-diversity Target (NBTs) as well as Waste Management Rules (2016). The first GSDP course is formulated for imparting skill and knowledge on Para-Taxonomy. Altogether 40 trainees were selected for the 4 months skill development programme. The completed trainees may get the opportunity for employment gainfully in different sectors.
Prof. Mohendra emphasized the necessity to upgrade the knowledge and learning skill. ENVIS Hub Manipur informed that the programme focused to develop Peoples Bio-diversity Register for which documentation is required.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24