Imphal, July 28,
Green skill Development Programme (GSDP) was launched today at Apex Institute Manipur (AIM), Kangabam Leikai, Imphal.
Addressing the key note address, Dr Bijen stated that the programme will impart knowledge on Para Taxonomy (including Peoples Biodiversity Register (PBR) and emphasized to develop green skilled workers having technical knowledge and commitment to sustainable development which will help in the attainment of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDDs), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), National Biodiversity Bio-diversity Target (NBTs) as well as Waste Management Rules (2016). The first GSDP course is formulated for imparting skill and knowledge on Para-Taxonomy. Altogether 40 trainees were selected for the 4 months skill development programme. The completed trainees may get the opportunity for employment gainfully in different sectors.
Prof. Mohendra emphasized the necessity to upgrade the knowledge and learning skill. ENVIS Hub Manipur informed that the programme focused to develop Peoples Bio-diversity Register for which documentation is required.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam